Monday, August 7, 2017

Andys baptism



Lol k Dad I'm sr comp but I'm not a dictator on the downlow my comps love p day because they don't have to be "on time". I have to let them be themselves. I'm kind of sad to hear the hot pot restaurant wasn't awesome but I don't really care we will still go together. Whenever I eat hot pot we have to have our own pot because we're not allowed to eat anything slightly raw bc Sister Lam thinks we're gonna die so I am excited to use the main pot. My goals in life. Yes! Andy was baptized yesterday!! HE is so precious I want to pass out every time I see him. Our ward was so supportive, I was so surprised when over half our ward stayed after to watch. He seemed so happy and sure of himself. He invited his family to come but they didn't :( but he just laughed and said that they are reverent enough for church. It was really cool to watch him be baptized. I could just see Jesus getting in that font with him and walking out with an arm around him. Before my mission I kind of thought that "getting baptisms" was like it, that's the big reward for everything you do. But I realized that it's not, it was a spritual and special experience but so is every time hearing him pray or hearing him tell us that even though he wants to smoke he stays away from 711 so that he won't get tempted to buy any cigarettes. IT's really cool to be a missionary and have such good cute little friends like Andy. I'm so excited for him. We talked to him about callings the other day and he was like "well I have nothing to do so yeah I thought I'd serve the church" lol. 
PS I am very proud of Luke's joke. Sounds pretty funny. I'm excited to read mom's talk, I'll do that in a minute. Congrats on fixing the ac, also proud of you. This week our toilet stopped flushing and plunging it didn't work so I had to call the landlord to help us. He came over and I kid you not pulls out this bot



tle of black liquid then tells me, "this is poison" then throws it in the toilet bowl and all this steam or something is rising up and the liquid got on the toilet paper and it straight BURNED hahahah what. It worked though. Toilet is back to normal. 
My new comp is so awesome. Her name is sister Lima Po, she's from Hawaii, she's so chill and the three of us get along so well. I'm sleeping on the floor and have a make shift stool desk because we're in a four person apt with five people but it's going pretty well. I'm happy to still been Fanling with Sister Stafford and Lima PO and the Sheung Shui sisters too. Sometimes they run into our office with panicked faces holding their phone on speaker and say we don't know what they're saying!! It makes me laugh because I remember being there. I really love them. 
I really love you too, good to hear from you. I made sure to reply to you first thing today so you can appreciate that. Today for  p day we are going to my favorite restaurant in Kwai Fong. IT's got the best spicy noodles you could ever imagine. I spent so much time calling every missionary serving in Kowloon to get directions and so so far I have a lot of vague directions to this place but I'm pretty sure we can find it. Flash back to you telling me how to find some place in Provo and me having a panic attack because I couldn't find it. Sorry about that. Ily.

No comments:

Post a Comment